Hello

Hello

Saturday, 5 February 2011

Jet Lagged My First Day In London

Joys of Heathrow, and the hospitality of Oman Airlines
I was pumped to get out of the Flight and I was very lucky to have found a place to stay. My Friends came Tinu and George came to pick me from the Airport. The airport was really so big that it took me around half and hour to find them I was all loaded with my backpack.
First impressions of the country?
All the cars are tiny and the combination of driving on the similar side of the road and all the roundabouts made the idea of driving there a bit daunting.Once in the city, navigating the London Underground is pretty easy after I got over my generic fear of public transportation (hah!) and the regional rail services were pretty easy and frequent too, buses remain a mystery but walking everywhere there wasn't a tube solved that.
Later I got home from the airport around 9P.M, On the way I saw most of the interesting places.
My friends dropped me to my new place where I had to stay and gave a brief idea of what London is all about, they were so kind to me and later then they left,Met new people who where also sharing that house down stares. The time was around 22.00 I was badly in need of a good sleep. Had a quick dinner and Off to Bed..!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment