Hello

Hello

Tuesday, 1 March 2011

So what do you mean by Monkey, Sky rocket and cream your pants ???






Yeah!!! I am putting together few words and phrases which are commonly used handy London slangs and words. They will also be a benefit for the adopted Londoners who have made this beautiful city their home and millions of tourists who pop up every year. I guess it would be beneficial to both. In this section I will list some of the slang terms that I have heard one or more times in bus, tubes and shopping centers.Few are really my favourites, well If there are any new terms suggested by the visitor of my site I will include their name and user name.

Could you imagine mayor of London Boris Johnson telling to Cameron telling that he was “ tighter than a duck’s arse”, that would be vote winner for him.

So what I write down few useful slags and phrases that are mainly used by Londoners.

Aeroplane Blond- One who has dyed her hair but still have a Black Box.

Backhander - A dodgy payment that is made in a secretive manner. Such as someone who pays a local councillor a few quid to ensure that they get a planning application passed.

Bel- End - As in the of penis. Used as an insult to someone, such as John you are a bell-end.

Boat Race - a personal Favourite..hehe!!! but not very politically correct, But on ‘London is cool’ we couldn't gibe a toss about PC brigade! It means she looks amazing from behind, But her face is as ugly as a bull dog chewing a nettle with pee on it.

Chas’n’Dave- Just what I am needing at the moment, means ‘shave’. I need a chas’n’Dave!

Cream your Knickers- an expression used to describe someone when they get overly exited over some thing.

Damage- How much does it cost, ‘ What’s the damage mate?

Dosh- Money

The faith- Police

Gooner – Nickname of Arsenal Fans

Monkey- Term used for £500

Nicker - Money - That’s is 900 nicker in any shop you’re lucky enough to find one in’.

On the game – and there are few round here, means she is a prostitute.

Sky rocket - Pocket. Put that 20 quid in your sky rocket.

Sweet- cool or excellent used when things are going good or someone is happy about some thing.

Trouble and strife- a term used to describe the wife.

Tighter that a ducks arse- They are very mean or stingy with money.

Easy rider- Modern rhyming slang for cider. ‘’Give us a pinta easy mate’’- Suggested by Brian MacDonald.

Have an Eye Tower- Slang for ‘have an eye full’ Suggested by AL.

Pictures of Queen - Paper money, notes, Example – How do you want to pay?

Pictures of Queen mate. Suggested by Dan Adams.

Rat with a wig on – Ugly lady

Wind and Kite - Modern slang used for website

Tony - Hair. I am off to get my Tony cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment